Re: Hetzner

thus Sebastian Hahn spake:
On Jun 17, 2009, at 8:28 PM, Sören Weber wrote:

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Fabian
Keil<freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Alleged copyright infringements.

Yes, of course. He stated that he doesn't believe that these mails are
caused by the owners of the servers. Rather he thinks that Hetzner
could lose its face in some way.
Additionally these mails are semi-automatically processed, so they
have to invest manpower to get them forwarded (I'd be happy if they
would just throw them away. Same effect).

Hi Sören,

thanks for your efforts so far! It would be great if Hetzner learned a bit more about Tor, so if you want, you may point them in the direction of tor-assistants. There are a few Germans who would be able to talk to them, if you think they still have trouble understanding how Tor works. I think it would be a good idea to educate the hosting providers before they decide to dislike Tor.

Thanks!
Sebastian

Hi,

IMHO it's not the problem of 'how TOR works' or the (unquestionable)
benefits it provides, it's more the problem of the 'image' of the ISP
that hosts (customer's) exit nodes and therefore might have problems
with the local law (copyright infringements, etc).

Especially the censorship^Wchild porn filtering discussion in Germany
forces this topic being discussed, as claiming an exit node having
provided access to forbidden content is the 'A-bomb of getting a host
down' -- even if it didn't something forbidden.

Best,

Timo