Re: Help Iranian dissidents by collecting and posting Bridge addresses? (here?)

From twitter, there is a user ("austinheap") out of San Fran who organized
this.  It is simply having people setup squid proxies and sending the
pertinent info to him by email or twitter direct message:  ip address and port
(change from the default port and other "standard" ports...I set mine up for
port 8808).  He then compiles the list of ips and port info and passes it
along to his trusted iranian contacts who then disburse the info to their
trusted friends.

Try http://blog.austinheap.com/  click through the first blurb screen image in
green to get to the actual site.  He has an entry about 1/3 down the page
titled "Best proxy practices" for this situation, providing guidance to help
and get around the Iranian govt censors.

He is providing guidance on squid proxy.  As for tor, you can setup a bridge
relay in addition to this direct proxy.

praedor

--
There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be
to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.