Re: Question About Security Threat from Tor

On 06/28/2009 02:30 PM, Michael wrote:
> if a security problem were exploited, that could lead to unprivileged
> access to the machine- then the attacker just has to find a suitable way
> to crack the box through an exploit

Another way to add a layer is to use a virtualization.  I'm going to be
converting my tor server to Xen shortly anyway (for another task it
does), so tor will probably get its own VM, for good measure.  It
already has its own IP, so it's pretty straightforward to do.

I've also seen some valgrind comments in the source.  Not sure if any
static analysis tools like clang are used.

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/