Re: 25 tbreg relays in directory

Remotely disabling Tor nodes is a slippery slope. So it sounds like
somebody is abusing the Tor network to do auction fraud, but that kind
of stuff occasionally happens with a system like Tor. Should we filter
exit nodes because we know this is going on? I wouldn't think anybody
would answer yes to that.

We already can disable nodes by marking them 'invalid'. I for one would
never run Tor if I knew that directory servers could run code on my
machine or tell my Tor client to shut down.

As for disabling these nodes because they're zombied, I again don't
think this is Tor's place. If somebody wants to contact the ISP or the
owner of the zombie machines that's one thing but I think as long as
there's a computer routing traffic for us that isn't malicious, we
should keep it. I don't think there should be a 'tor police' that goes
around determining if a node is legitimately obtained or not.

Ringo