Re: Latest Tor bundle

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Hek <tor@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Jun 6, 2010 11:03 pm
Subject: Re: Latest Tor bundle

On 6 jun 2010, at 17:47, <zzzjethro666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
<zzzjethro666@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
> Just extracted the bundle for a USB drive, 1.36.
> In my message log I found this. Can anyone tell me what it means, please?
>
> warning 2 unknown, 7 missing key, 0 good, 0 bad, 0 no signature, 4 required
>

> Also, when I first ran it Google gave me a captcha and I think I've read about
that happening before but I'm not sure. Is this just a simple, innocuous glitch
from time to time? I use it at internet cafes as my internet here sucks so bad
it's not even worth the cheap price it goes for.

> Well, that being said, cheap is cheap.
>
> Thanks

You can ignore the first warning. Tor downloads the missing keys.

Google presents a CAPTCHA to users that are doing a very large number of
requests or have malware installed on their computer. If a user on the Tor exit
you use has malware installed on his computer you also get the CAPTCHA
presented, because Google can't see the difference between the users of that Tor
node ;)

Hi.
Oh. Thank you very much. I only use it at internet cafes so I don't think anyone else is using Tor in this country.
I've only seen one server listed on the Network map and haven't seen it since.
Wish I knew someone here who does use and is more savvy than I.
Thanks again