Re: [tor-talk] How to force redirect each application through separate SocksPorts? (preventing identity correlation)

<proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> <freebsd-listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That's incorrect. Privoxy can change the forwarding settings based on
> > tags:
> >
> > http://www.privoxy.org/user-manual/actions-file.html#CLIENT-HEADER-TAGGER
>
> Excuse me, if I misunderstood. It doesn't look like anyone done that
> ever before (and documented that online). And for that reason, it were
> nice, if you could create two examples.

The documentation above has been available for years and already
contains an example. Are you looking for something specific that
the current documentation doesn't answer?

> You suggest tagging the applications by user agent and forward-override?

Yes.

> That sounds like a nightmare.

I've been doing it for years and think it's convenient,
but of course it's a matter of opinion.

>                               I wouldn't know how to find gpg's user
> agent, other than digging into the source code. And if they decide the
> change the user agent with the next version of gpg, the function gets
> broken.

The User-Agent can be discovered by letting the proxy (or nc) log it.
It is also usually constant between updates, so checking it once
per update should do.

gpg doesn't seem to set a User-Agent, but that not a problem
as you can either let it use the default forwarding proxy or
change the forwarding based on other criteria like the address
of the keyserver.

Fabian