Re: [tor-talk] [liberationtech] NSA, FBI, Verizon caught red handed spying on US citizens in the US

On 6/7/2013 9:34 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
----- Forwarded message from Richard Brooks <rrb@xxxxxxx> -----

Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:20:26 -0400
From: Richard Brooks <rrb@xxxxxxx>
To: liberationtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] *NSA, FBI, Verizon caught red handed spying on US citizens in the US*

Not directed at Eugene. This isn't new news, to anyone that's paid even passing attention, over last several yrs.
Further, it'd be ridiculous to think they're only monitoring Verizon.

Even when they're warned specifically about HUGE red flags, or individuals are ON WATCH LISTS, they STILL don't catch them in time (latest - Boston).

I'm sure they stop actions that we don't hear about (however, they DO like to toot their own horn)...

One respected commentator I heard posed the question, "Are we safer? How many plots have been stopped or arrests been made in U.S., as result of all the Billions spent BY THE U.S., on monitoring?"

We stopped the "shoe bomber" as result of tip from ? U.K.? (iirc)