Re: [tor-talk] Plans about Askbot?

On Jun 16, 2013 4:38 PM, "Moritz Bartl" <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 16.06.2013 21:33, Sebastian G. <bastik.tor> wrote:
> >> It was decided that we have no resources to maintain our own Q&A, and
> >> that having a third-party Q&A is better than none. I disagree, but
> >> that's not the point.
> > I'm not sure what you disagree with.
> > That there are not enough resources?
> > That it is better to have some Q&A than none?
>
> I don't think Tor should endorse any proprietary, commercial platforms.
[...]

I think if we're going to have a reasonable discussion, we need to
distinguish between "use" and "endorse."

I wrote a long rant at this point, but deleted it as unlikely to help.
Suffice it to say, though it is admirable if you only use things you can
endorse wholeheartedly (RMS comes to mind), but it is IMO unfair to assume
that everybody's acts count as declarations of endorsement for everything
they use and touch.

(This doesn't have much bearing on the topic at hand, fwiw. Much of your
argument retains some force if you say "use" rather than "endorse." I hope
someone who knows more than I will respond soon.)

Best wishes,
--
Nick