Re: [tor-talk] Research paper "The Parrot is Dead: Observing Unobservable Network Communications"

> The Parrot is Dead:
>
> Observing Unobservable Network Communications
>
> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~shmat/abstracts.html
>
> http://dedis.cs.yale.edu/2010/anon/papers/parrot-abs

That paper made me even more doubtful that we can emulate a popular
implementation of a non-trivial protocol without actually using the
implementation itself.

To this end, I started thinking of pluggable transports that actually
use a popular implementation of the protocol they are trying to
emulate.

For example, in the case of HTTP, we could use a browser on the
client-side and an HTTP server on the server-side. #8676 [0] was
created to discuss such a pluggable transport. More research and ideas
are needed before we start specifying and implementing the transport
though.

PS: Sorry if I screwed up the threading. I'm not subscribed and
mailing lists are so hard!

[0]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8676