Re: [tor-talk] hide from cell carrier

That must only apply in Russia itself and in a few major cities where cells are plentiful, I would think.

They might get the signal strengths from the cell towers which your phone is announcing itself to. It therefore can't be very accurate. A ten metre range is unlikely in a city anyhow because of the buildings interfering.