[tor-talk] Why are 2 Middle Nodes appearing in my circuits (4 total nodes)?

Today I all of the sudden noticed that 2 middle nodes are showing up in
some of my Tor circuits.

So 4 nodes total in a circuit -- (1 entry, 2 middle, 1 exit).

I'm seeing this in the 'arm' control panel.

Using Tor version 0.2.5.12 as a transparent proxy.

I haven't changed any configurations recently other than connecting to a
fresh entry guard.

I only ever remember seeing 1 middle node (3 nodes total) in Tor circuits
throughout the past.

Is this normal/okay to be seeing 2 middle nodes appear in my circuits, or
would it be something to be weary of?

Why would this be happening?

Thx.