Re: [tor-talk] Panda antivirus now thinks Tor.exe is a virus

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 06:28:48PM +0200, aka wrote:
> VT says it's not detected by Panda, so might be a behaviour detection:

The behavior detection aspect is especially vexing here -- many antivirus
tools have a "Not enough of our users have told us about this exe yet,
therefore it is scary by default" feature.

So by definition, the first n people who use that antivirus and fetch
a new version of Tor will have a bad experience. :(

(And that's also separate from the fact that the people running these
antivirus tools are uploading everything they are running to this third
party! Don't get me started there.)

While I'm here, I'll add a pointer to our FAQ on the topic:
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#VirusFalsePositives

--Roger