Re: [tor-talk] Tor-ramdisk 20150616 released

On 6/22/15 2:43 PM, ÃaÄÄl P. Åesto wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:58:44AM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
operator only has access to minimal information. Finally, since everything
runs in ephemeral memory, no information survives a reboot, except for the
Tor configuration file and the private RSA key, which may be
exported/imported by FTP or SCP.

Is source available, or is that binary only? Couldn't find any on the
site.

Built on a uclibc system using the build scripts at

https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-ramdisk.git/

You can use the stage3 uclibc tarballs at

http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3-amd64-uclibc-hardened/

http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/x86/autobuilds/current-stage3-i686-uclibc-hardened/

I am also responsible for those tarballs. The hardened uclibc webpage is at the following link

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Hardened_uClibc

and gives more information about what goes into them.

And I actually really doubt that no infomation survives a reboot, but I
can't tell without the source.

Are you referring to cold boot attack?

If its run inside a vm, it's worse. :)

Yes, all well known issues.

Just my five euro-cent. I can't tell more, my gentoo box got a
heatstroke.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology