Re: [tor-talk] do Cloudfare captchas ever work?

>You're saying that some exit relay operator would form business
partnerships with sites, to provide captcha services?
I think the suggestion is they'd provide captcha _solving_ services.

If you know where to look, you can find 'businesses' that provide just
those services - workers (or users) sat solving captcha after captcha so
that your scripts can go about their business unimpeded once you're able to
automatically solve the captchas you're presented with.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6/23/2015 4:04 AM, kleft wrote:
>
>> mansour moufid wrote:
>>>
>>> "Sometimes I wonder if it's really Cloudflare, or some bad exit node
>>> running a CAPTCHA solving business."
>>>
>>> Mansour, to what end would they run a captcha solving business?
>>> If they were, I don't understand how they'd benefit.
>>>

>> It's useful for automated downloads eg with an uploaded.to
>> free-accounts. (This is the only website I remember right now, but there
>> are many other services require the user to enter captchas to get some
>> content.)
>>
>>  OK, but how is that a "business" for an exit relay?  Business implies
> profit or gaining some benefit.
> You're saying that some exit relay operator would form business
> partnerships with sites, to provide captcha services?
> Wouldn't that be detectable to the Tor Project - or not?
> Does it make sense that an operator would limit their captcha service (for
> sale), to sites - only if site users / customers came thru the few relays
> they control?  Not much of a market.
> Isn't that like Cloudfare only offering their services to a few sites out
> of the entire web?
>
> --

Ben Tasker
https://www.bentasker.co.uk