Re: [tor-talk] [OFF-LIST] Re: Has anyone HEARD from IOError since his last tweet?

On 2016-06-05 19:50, Anthony Papillion wrote:

On 6/5/2016 6:47 PM, Mirimir wrote:
On 06/05/2016 05:36 PM, Anthony Papillion wrote:
On 2016-06-05 18:17, Anthony Papillion wrote: The last
time IOError tweeted was on 30 May. Has anyone on this list
actually HEARD from him since then? We have to remember
that Jake comes from a really fucked up childhood.
Something like these allegations could push someone over
the edge.

Anthony

He might need time to himself for now. He has a lot of
people talking about him right now. He probably needs a
break.

You're probably right. I've just seen this kind of thing get
out of hand before and, innocent or not, people can be pushed
over the edge.

I get where you're coming from, but public comments about his
history, and speculation about suicide, really aren't
appropriate. IMHO, anyway.

Just sayin'.

Showing concern is completely appropriate. And why not discuss
his history? It's not like he hides it or even tries to. He's
very open about it. I'm not saying anything Jake hasn't publicly
said himself, usually in front of a few hundred people. Sorry,
concern for a fellow human being trumps 'appropriateness' IMO.

I'm fine with concern. But on a mail list, it's creepy. But then,
I don't know him. And I'm pretty old-school about privacy.

Yes, I can agree it's kind of creepy. The only reason I sent it down
the list was because I don't know specific people who know him that I
could email privately. Otherwise, I definitely would have preferred
that. But, surprisingly, I'm pretty OK with being creepy lol

I did, however, screw up by sending my own "[OFF-LIST]" message to
the list ;)

That threw me for a second! I saw the off-list designation and then
thought 'oh crap, I just violated his privacy by responding to a
private email on the list'. THen I saw it had been sent to the list. I
should have paid more attention as well and readdressed it. Sorry
about that!

It's fine. If it wasn't for the fact emails are publicly archived then the fact that I delete emails immediately after responding to them would be enough to protect his privacy.