Re: [tor-talk] RIP Tor

On 6/7/2016 12:13 PM, Not Friendly wrote:
> On 2016-06-07 02:35, aaa@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> First they fall for the social justice meme thinking it's a force
>> for good. Then they allow the project to be infiltrated by the
>> blue haired problem glasses brigade. Then they start modifying
>> their community guidelines to appease their new members, probably
>> under the guise that it's to prevent evil sexist MRAs from
>> "harassing" (read: disagreeing with) their new SJW friends. Then
>> the SJWs decide prominent members of the project need to be
>> cyber lynched so they can take over. "Jacob once farted in the
>> same elevator as me, it was literally rape!
>> #FireHimOrTorIsRapists" "Jacob once disagreed with me, it was a
>> legitimate death threat that made me fear for my life!
>> #FireHimOrTorWantsToKillAllWomen" "He once mentioned playing a
>> video game, I knew he was a gamergater! Damn misogynist hates
>> women! #KillAllWhiteMen" Then Tor loses their best spokesman. The
>> SJWs and their friends fill the now empty jobs and repeat the
>> process until they're the only ones with power over the project.
>> Then Tor dies, since the only "work" that gets done is virtue
>> signalling on Twitter.
>>
>> It's only a matter of time before they eat Nick or Roger.
>>
>> RIP Jacob. RIP Tor.
>>
>> Usually I get a lot of schadenfreude from watching idiots
>> destroy themselves like this, but Tor is close to my heart so I'm
>> quite sad. The NSA has won.
> I'm unsure how "Tor" has in anyway died. The network is still
> secure. They only thing that happened is that a former member of
> the Tor Project has bad publicity. I'm unsure how that makes Tor
> dead.

It doesn't. The Tor haters never miss an opportunity to declare Tor
"dead". "Oh! It's Tuesday! RIP Tor!". It's often the same crowd (or
associates of them) that love to declare Tor a honeypot for the
federal government.

Anyway, I'm just wondering when this list move beyond the recent
sensationalism and back to actually discussing Tor.