Re: [tor-talk] Statement by Jill Bähring regarding Jacob Appelbaum

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 03:09:20AM +0000, df. wrote:

> Mirimir:
> > | On June 7, 2016, Gizmodo published a story in which âeyewitnessesâ -
> > | Emerson Tan, Meredith Paterson, and Andrea Shepard - supposedly
> > | ârecountâ Jacob Applebaumâs âunwanted sexual advancesâ. The article
> > | was quickly picked up and developed further, for example by the
> > | dailydot. I am the girl in that story.
> > â|
> > | I recall that night clearly, and my story is entirely different.
> > | This is how it happened.
> >
> > http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sop8ps
> >

> ....and now strangely no one has nothing to say.

Those who had something real, and confronting, and not easy to say, said
it (e.g. the beautifully worded Cecilia amongst others).

Defending the presumption of innocence is hard when in the thick of
information and interpersonal 'warfare', easy and often glib when spoken
otherwise.

Would be nice to see a "the very foundation/ origin of this targetting of
Jacob now appears, prima facie, to exonerate him, perhaps the rest is just
slander, apologies for leaping onto the lynch mob bandwagon".

Sadly, humans are known mostly for lynch mobbing, not for such apologies,
and so rarely for standing up for 'right', presumption of innocence etc
when shit is actually happening.