Re: [tor-talk] Tor-Friendly Two-Factor Authentication?

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 3:18 AM, Flipchan <flipchan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Let me awnser this for u:) use pgp , if c alot of ppl that use Googles
> stuff but all gets send back to Google so i wouldnt want them to get my
> data, github.com/flipchan/blogger i created 2factor so if the usr got a
> pgp fingerprint it will be redirected to 2factor.html after login ,then u
> generate a code(string of chars) and encrypt it with X users fingerprint
> and give it 2min to decrypt ,thats pgp :)
>
> Scott Arciszewski <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev: (11 juni 2016 03:58:16
> CEST)
> >--

âWe're already using PGP/GPG for password resets. (Account recovery is,
additionally, a feature users can opt out of entirely.)

https://twitter.com/CiPHPerCoder/status/739536854517702660
https://twitter.com/CiPHPerCoder/status/739537611367276545

However, PGP is a terrible choice for usability here.

I'm not trying to cater to the ultra-crypto-nerd crowd with this feature,
because they're unlikely to have weak passwords and therefore *need* 2FA.

Scott Arciszewski
Chief Development Officer
Paragon Initiative Enterprises <https://paragonie.com/>