Re: [tor-talk] 2 hop mode for people that only want to use Tor for censorship circumvention to conserve bandwidth and decrease latency?

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 21:56:34 +0200
gdfg dfgf <torrio888@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I have read the proposal for non hidden .onion services for sites that don't need anonymity but want to use Tor's end to end encryption and authentication, for example Facebook.
>
> Could the same be done for people that are more interested in censorship circumvention then in anonymity to decrease latency and conserve bandwidth so instead of building 3 hop circuits they could build 2 hop circuits?
> entry node---> exit node ---> website

You don't even need 2 hops in this case. Why not propose 1-hop?
But I don't think any hop reduction like this has chances to be implemented,
due to such scenario not being within the scope of Tor, or something along
those lines.

> ÂÂÂÂ bridge- --> exit node ---> website

(Here 2-hop makes sense, as exit node can't be also a bridge)

--
With respect,
Roman