Re: [tor-talk] Only nine of the 29 Windows VPN clients that I tested didn't leak

On 6/16/16, Mirimir <mirimir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://vpntesting.info/
>
> I tested 29 Windows VPN clients for DNS, IPv4 and IPv6 Leaks.

Nice.

You might want to include
- For clients that may be doing packet filtering instead of just modifying
kernel routing tables... test ICMP, generic UDP (non-DNS), TCP, etc.
- The codebase and VPN protocol of each client (OpenVPN, SoftEther, etc)

> hit VPN-specified nameservers directly while
> reconnecting after uplink interruption. But that's not a huge issue,
> in that they didn't hit other nameservers.

Seems big if the direct hits were not encrypted over the VPN
and user's requirement is to encrypt to the VPN termination.

> After uplink interruption,
> some failed to reconnect automatically

These interruption, reconnect, renegotiation, timeout,
edge cases are important to discover.

More advanced users of Tor + OpenVPN might be interested
in this capability...
https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/577