[tor-talk] *BSD VPS providers who allow Tor

One of the Tor BSD Diversity Project's recent activities is to aggregate
a list of *BSD VPS and similar services that allow Tor to be run as a
server/daemon.

While we are personally bare-metal advocates, we understand that for a
variety of reasons VPS-type systems provide a low-barrier of entry to
run a Tor relay for many. VPS providers also ease the ability for extend
geographical diversity.

Over the past several months we accumulated a list of BSD VPS/shell/etc
providers, and are looking to populate further.

https://github.com/torbsd/torbsd.github.io/blob/master/docs/bsd-vps.md

The current list mostly contains providers that offer English-language
web sites, but that will change soon as among the three of us we cover a
good number of other languages.

Ultimately, this list might be added/updated with the (misnamed?)
GoodBadISPs list
(https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs).

While certainly *any* VPS-type provider that allows the Tor server to
run is worth more investigation, we are specifically looking at those
that provide some sort of BSD Unix support only. I think the Tor Project
would be happy with more contributions to the trac list.

On that note, any additions or comments can be directed to me offlist,
or via GitHub.

In the near future, we can post to Tor-Talk the email text we are
sending to providers which others might find useful for related purposes.

TIA

5F77 765E 40D6 5340 A0F5 3401 4997 FF11 A86F 44E2