Re: [tor-talk] 0.3.1.4-alpha is released (with guard-related security fix)

> Please test these alpha releases if you *can* report bugs: we want to
> have all the bugs squashed before 0.3.1.x is finally declared stable.

for the relay side: there are only 57 relays running 0.3.1.x,
this number is likely that low because there are no debian packages
available on deb.torproject.org for 0.3.1.x-alpha.

Nick Mathewson:
>   o Major bugfixes (path selection, security):
>     - When choosing which guard to use for a circuit, avoid the exit's
>       family along with the exit itself. Previously, the new guard
>       selection logic avoided the exit, but did not consider its family.
>       Fixes bug 22753; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha. Tracked as TROVE-2016-
>       006 and CVE-2017-0377.

typo: TROVE-2017-006

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu