[tor-talk] Archiving tor-talk mailing list

Hello Tor Community,

Good news: the Tor Forum is now self-hosted[1] by The Tor Project. I am
writing to inform you about an important update regarding the tor-talk
mailing list.

As previously announced on the Tor Project Blog[2], we have been
conducting a review of our mailing lists to identify unused and
unmaintained ones. As a result, we have made the decision to officially
deprecate and archive the tor-talk mailing list. While the mailing list
will no longer accept new emails, the existing archive will remain
accessible for users to read and reference historical discussions.

I want to emphasize that this change only affects the tor-talk mailing
list. Other popular and functional mailing lists, such as tor-dev,
tor-project, and tor-relays, will continue to operate normally.

We invite all Tor volunteers, contributors, researchers, and developers
to join us on the Tor Forum[3]. The Tor Forum serves as a platform for
Tor-related discussions, user support, blog comments, UX feedback, and
much more. It is worth mentioning that all discussions within the forum
are governed by the Tor Project Code of Conduct and our policies.

For those who prefer to stick with their email workflow, the Forum
supports a "mailing list mode," allowing you to receive forum
notifications via email for specific categories and reply directly
through your mail client.

Additionally, I'd like to remind you that Tor users can also collaborate
with the Tor Community using our Matrix/Element platform and join
various Tor chat channels[4].

best regards,
Gus

[1] https://blog.torproject.org/tor-project-forum-migration/