Re: Setting up TOR

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:31:55PM -0500, jesus saves wrote:
> I don't think privoxy will help me with the test that I am performing with
> nmap.
allright

> I was looking at the nmap man page, and I was thinking that maybe I
> could "socksify" it by telling it to use port 9050 (TOR Socks port) as the
> source port. I'm going to try this and see what happens. Are you familiar
> with nmap? If so, do you think this will work with the test that I am
> performing?

this will not work
you have to use a tsocks wrapper like the "torify" script wich is included in the tor distribution.

--
Ewige Blumenkraft!         )|( ssc                    www.unix-geek.info
                               Stephan Schmieder             ssc@xxxxxxx

safeguard this letter, it may be an IMPORTANT DOCUMENT