[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
TOR slowing down other network services
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: TOR slowing down other network services
- From: "Rochester TOR Admin" <onionroutor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 14:21:55 -0500
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:22:00 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; bh=VTpCY658PTEmOKX8r7GQoAp4XOK0Swk3uwhSaD9o/sE=; b=I5O3Bq6/GQM6N4iy5tOK95zaRCPCAGdrQzF1rYsEK833JcZa+Kix0tnjzBWzdhJt1k1QKjWdfKpyxM4yzm9Ba0WG/qlLEWEfZCo9qqgaeQ2EDLG7nvRsGQCLHn4dd4/kXeaDavokHWWqILss6gOyuQMQ8wScCTyCYevsU6yo7a0=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; b=Ijox09vloWuKu24h7lEEjznAit6Z7JxL3CiaQFv/PSwor+zKjzm+1MzdQOKbF09VwzkWme0yZFVAcSw3fY8U166yLAmgAKkHvvNP82dDUmEwktmJVXhw+V6jZw/UjVJSnEvhX1+MuCB90ij3eue0OSbXoeF3vlzYy/3ZXZWYb4Y=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am running a tor exit node and have been doing some testing on bandwidth consumption. The tor server is running linux and is also used for TorrentFlux - a web based torrent management application.
The issue I'm noticing is while I'm downloading a torrent that is coming in at about 1mb/s and I stop the tor service, the torrent downloads at 4mb/s. The tor service is correctly using 40kbps of my bandwidth but it seems to be limiting the bandwidth of other services. Is this possible?
A few other environment factors:
- my firwall is a pretty old machine with a very slow NIC
- my tor server NIC is very cheap [<$10]
Could anyone give me some insight about what they think might be going on?
Thanks in advance...
Rochester TOR Admin
running server torroc01