Re: Sudden increase in number of Tor nodes

Hi,

> - someone running Tor routers in a PlanetLab slice

I don't want to be paranoid or think in a terms of conspiracy theory,
but what Dan Egerstad did was that he set up several Tor exit nodes in a
different countries.

More nodes and more diversity (different countries) means greater
possibiliy that you will catch something of interest.

However, even if some secret service would be doing that, Tor would
provide me anonymity against local "eavesdroppers" (local ISP, my boss,
local advertisements network, etc.). And of course, using end-to-end
encryption reduces the risk...

P. S. What if P2P "operators" are developing a technology to link tor
and P2P :-))

bye, M.