Re: Re: a problem about run tor bridge

The 172.18.12.161 is my private network address and the bridge is only intended to be used in the internal network.

2010-03-24

Gaofeng He

发件人: wang.wang.test
发送时间: 2010-03-24  10:35:33
收件人: or-talk
抄送:
主题: Re: a problem about run tor bridge
于 2010-3-24 10:19, torsecurity 写道:
Hi, everyone!
My computer is behind a NAT and I can connect to the Tor network directly ( not using Tor bridges although I am in China). Now I want to configure my tor as a bridge to let my friend connect to the Tor network. His IP is 172.18.12.xxx. My configuration file looks like:
BridgeRelay 1
ContactInfo hegaofeng at seu dot edu dot cn
ControlPort 9051
ExitPolicy reject *:*
Log notice stdout
Nickname ORhgf
ORPort 443
PublishServerDescriptor 0
RelayBandwidthBurst 10485760
RelayBandwidthRate 5242880

And my bridge information is: 172.18.12.161:443

But this dosen't work. The Vidalia is always stopping at "Loading relay information...".
I use Wireshark and find the TLS handshake is normal.
Can anyone tell me why? Thanks a lot!

2010-03-24

Gaofeng He
first, you can't run any tor service behind NAT unless you can configure your firewall/NAT in order to enable port forwarding. By the way, what the hell is 172.18.12.161? Who can connect to that thing?

second, I do not think  "Loding relay information..." has anything to do with your recent bridge configuration.