Re: [tor-talk] tor using SSH

egf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I use <tor> on several systems here. The firewall has "noticed" several instances where all these <tor> systems are initiating
<ssh> traffic with external sites(1).  These occur during odd
hours when there is nobody using these systems, thus there
is some suspicion. The firewall has since blocked this suspect outgoing traffic until they hear differently. This doesn't seem
to affect <tor> functionality.

I don't know if this is what you are talking about or not, but a while back I noticed port 22 (the traditional SSH port) traffic I wasn't expecting on one of my machines. Checking tor's cached-descriptors file I noticed one or more tor nodes was using port 22 as one of its ports (I forget which one) and this was what I was observing.

HTH

Jim