Re: [tor-talk] Awareness for identity correlation through circuit sharing is almost zero.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM,  <proper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. It's immensely helpful.

 [...]
>> (Note
>> that usernames and/or passwords can be used to separate streams,
>> too.)
>
> Is this documented somewhere?

If you're asking this question, you *really* want to check out all the
isolation flags in the documentation for SocksPort in the Tor 0.2.3.x
manpage.  For a more full discussion of how it was designed, see
proposal 171.  If there's anything missing in the manpage, please let
us know.

Stream isolation is one of the big features in Tor 0.2.3.x, but it's a
bit hard to figure out how to use it up most effectively.  This is
something I hope people can help come up with good ideas and
documentation for.

yrs,
--
Nick