[tor-talk] How to contribute / takeover a sub project?

I am interested in overtaking the project TorVM. [1] [2] [3] TorVM has been abandoned by it's original authors, no more development and discussions are going on for years.

My project, TorBOX [4] offers the already same functionality. And it offers even more. Almost all key features are ready and almost all critical issues have been solved. TorVM has been forked, components exchanged, extended, build process simplified and documented. Users with basic linux knowledge can use the howto and set it up. In the end the download packages could become almost equally easy to use like the Tor Browser Bundle. TorVM would be renamed to TorBOX.

Please tell me the requirements for overtaking the project.

[1] http://www.janusvm.com/tor_vm/
[2] https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torvm/trunk/doc/design.html
[3] https://svn.torproject.org/svn/torvm/
[4] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorBOX