Re: [tor-talk] Torproject.org Being Censored in Canada

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 14:41:19 -0400
Andrew Paolucci <adpaolucci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I made a disturbing discovery for me and my fellow Canucks today when
> I was sitting at a Tim Hortons(very popular coffee chain in Canada
> that provides free WiFi) enjoying my coffee while working on my
> laptop.

Tim Horton's filters their wifi. Most coffee shops do. They subscribe,
or use a 3rd party who subscribes, to commercial blocklists, like
Websense, who classify torproject.org as a proxy avoidance site (why
yes, yes we are and we're funded to do just that) as if the world will
end when Tim Horton's can't stalk all their customers for datamining,
malware protection, or "safety"--or whatever silly reason they have for
censoring the Internet.

About the only course of action is to complain to Tim Horton's every
time.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact