Re: [tor-talk] Blacklists

Call me pessimistic if you will but unfortunately censorship is
something the heavy weights that run the joint want, and since they
own the media and make the laws is something that isnt going to go away.

We dont own the internet either its theres, they created it, they paid
for it, we are just borrowing it which will soon become apparent, when
they want to block us all off the internet they will, but that aint
gonna happen for a while yet (I hope).

It has nothing to do with what we want, never has, never will, I dont
imagine having large numbers of us will change things either, take
when they made laws requiring all home growers to pesticide there
vegtables for example, they didnt care that it made half the country
outlaws, and they didnt care some of them disobeyed and got fined
either, they where quite happy to throw them in jail.

The only reason they are not publicly agreeing with censorship at the
moment is because public opinion is against them and they just got
publicly humiliated by the Snowden scandal, but once everyone's
forgotten about that and they figure out how to sell censorship as
some amazing cure all they will, until then all there nefarious
activity's will just be done in secret putting blocks in software and
in routers by default and other under handed tactics.

Having said that...
1) Many of us can slow the tide and make things very difficult for
them, something they would rather avoid, sometimes but not often to
the point of them giving up, but at the end of the day these people
have all the power, money and make the laws ultimately they get there
way. Remember there is a lot at steak, there ability to lie to the
masses and maintain propaganda superiority is a powerful tool (which is
what this is really all about) they aint just going to throw away
because we want privacy.
2) Business's have no interest in stopping Tor anyway persay as
pointed out it loses them money from potential interested customers,
so an open recommendation of good practice from a reputable group like
the EFF could work wonders. You should just treat anonymous people as
anonymous people and restrict there ability to cause damage
accordingly, if they want more access rights get an account and login.
3) We cannot stop them doing censorship its a pretty forgone
conclusion it isnt going away, but what we can do is change it from
the government choosing to the community standard (us) choosing. Not
particularly easy but there are ways of doing distributed voting systems.

~Shadowman

--
~TheMindwareGroup
TheMindwareGroup@xxxxxxxxx PGP: 0xf4b6586f