[tor-talk] source browsing - Descriptions from https://gitweb.torproject.org are missing from blah.git/description files

I have cloned a few of the tor git repos at
https://gitweb.torproject.org

Side issue, and not probative, but my primary clone is always a --bare
repo, which I then clone for local edits, or simply view the bare repo
using git commands.

However, event a simple cat command ought be enough in a bare repo, of
the "standard" git 'description' file, to get at least a very brief
description of what that repo contains.

These brief descriptions are on the web page, namely at
https://gitweb.torproject.org

I ask, because I have quite a few times done
cd torgitproject.git
cat description

and have now given up trying this since the descriptions are all blank.

Would it be possible for the descriptions from
https://gitweb.torproject.org to be put into (and thereafter sourced
from) their respective blah.git/description files?

TIA
Zenaan