Re: [tor-talk] Failed to connect to tor netword with the provided obfs3 bridges when using the tor-browser-linux64-3.6-beta-1.

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 03:51:09PM +0800, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> In my case, considering that I use router for surfing and don't set the
> port fordwarding on the router,  I don't test the  flashproxy bridges
> shipped with the above tor-browser-bundle.

Ok. If the other two stop working for you, maybe you will try
Flashproxy. :)

>  Considering that the obfs3 is the recommented type of tranport bridge, why
> I meet this issue?  Any hints on this issue will be highly appreciated.

It looks like the obfs3 bridges in the bundle are blocked by your
network. And it looks like the fte bridges in the bundle are not blocked
by your network.

Are you in China perhaps?

Note that whether the particular bridges are blocked (probably by IP and
port) is a different question from whether the protocol (obfs3 or fte)
is blocked by deep packet inspection. That is, it could just be that
somebody at GFW fetched the bundle earlier and blocked the specific obfs3
bridges that it lists, whereas they haven't fetched a recent bundle to
block the fte bridges yet.

So if you found an obfs3 bridge that GFW hasn't found yet, it would
probably still work? Worth testing. But that said, assuming you are in
China, there aren't enough obfs3 bridges total, and it's not easy to
give them out to everybody without GFW learning them too:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/how-to-read-our-china-usage-graphs

--Roger