[tor-talk] FreeBSD forums, etc [was: Protest Blocking Tor via CloudFlare]

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Libertas <libertas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The FreeBSD forums and (IIRC) download servers do the same thing, just
> dropping packets from Tor exits. Very annoying. I haven't got around to
> emailing them about it yet.

Found an exit that works forums and mapped it for weeks now,
but that's a real pain for normal Tor users to contemplate doing.
Yes, it's quite annoying and one would hope mailing them to achieve
at least readonly access would be opened up. Why block disemmination
and viewing of simple free knowledge? This may be inadvertant lack of in
depth and open thought on things. This should hopefully get further
thought going.

They also need to make their builds deterministic and crypto traceable
back to a crypto secure source repo which SVN is not afaict. But that's
a whole other topic, and these days an important one to raise and ensure
is addressed. After all, spies, moles, exploit[er]s, and bitrot are everywhere.

Relavent link hierarchies...
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/deterministic-builds-part-one-cyberwar-and-global-compromise
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/deterministic-builds-part-two-technical-details
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_revision_control_software