[tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.1.4 released - Our fifth beta release!

Greetings from Berlin!

TorBirdy 0.1.4 is now out; we think it is the the best release so far
and we encourage you to upgrade. This release fixes a critical bug
that was preventing Thunderbird from starting for TorBirdy users.
Please upgrade if you experienced this bug!

This release is the fifth in our beta series.

It's still experimental - of course. Use at your own risk and
especially if you're using it with Enigmail and GnuPG without a
local[0] HTTP proxy.

If you're interested in looking, we have a collection of TorBirdy screen shots:

 https://github.com/ioerror/torbirdy/wiki/Screen-shots

Call for help:

We're looking for assistance with Translations - if you'd like to
translate TorBirdy, we'd gladly accept a patch that prepares TorBirdy
for translation work. We now have an amazing number of translations!
Even if you can't help translate, we'd love to know what languages
matter to you or your friends - please let us know?

We're especially looking for translations of TorBirdy into Persian -
if you'd like to help us translate, please contact us! Please note
that this will likely also require you to translate Thunderbird into
Persian as well.

Release Highlights:

0.1.4, 09 March 2015
  * Fix bug that prevented Thunderbird with TorBirdy 0.1.3 from starting
  in profiles with more than three IMAP accounts (closes #14099, #13982,
  #13722, #14007, #14130)

General content anonymity caution note:

TorBirdy has known leaks in the Message-ID and in the Date header,
we're working on merging an upstream patch that will allow these leaks
to be closed. There are no known proxy leaks unless you use additional
extensions that do not respect the proxy settings of Thunderbird. If
you use GnuPG and Enigmail, we encourage you to use it with a local
HTTP proxy due to the issues mentioned[0] regarding GnuPG.

Here's the wiki page for TorBirdy:

  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy

Here's the latest XPI for TorBirdy:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/torbirdy-0.1.4.xpi

Here is a proper GPG signature for the latest XPI:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/torbirdy-0.1.4.xpi.asc

Here is the sha1sum of torbirdy-0.1.4.xpi:

  287db9e854c74d5cb313e4635b69d25291817309

Here is the sha256sum of torbirdy-0.1.4.xpi:

  83c92436df6e1e41c83bc80264c44f589a90ea7e1c9dfc307db7287a4eae12c9

The GnuPG signature that signed this email is also the same key that
signs the TorBirdy releases. To learn more about signature
verification of Tor Project related software such as TorBirdy please
visit this page:

  https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html

TorBirdy has finally reached the fully reviewed state on AMO! We
expect our next review to proceed smoothly. It is again possible
(Hooray!) to install TorBirdy directly from Thunderbird or by
downloading the extension in a web browser from Mozilla's website:

  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/torbirdy/
  https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/232997/torbirdy-0.1.4-tb.xpi

We believe that users who installed previous versions from Mozilla's
addons site should receive this update automatically. It may take some
time before Mozilla approves this update but it should eventually show
up as an available update.

We upload a full XPI and GnuPG signature for every new release to the
Tor Project's web servers:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/

This information is also available on the Tor blog:

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/torbirdy-014-bug-fix-release

Packages for Debian GNU/Linux will be created and uploaded shortly.

All the best,
Jacob

[0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/2846