Re: [tor-talk] Tor on OpenBSD 5.6

Seth <list <at> sysfu.com> writes:

> On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 06:38:40 -0700, D. R. Hardy <drhardy84 <at> gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I've been trying for several days to install Tor on OpenBSD 5.6 with
> > hopes
> > of setting up a relay.
> >
> > OpenBSD uses the Korn Shell.
> >
> > When I try to tar the downloaded Tor browser file I get:
> >
> > (*tar xvJf tor-browser-linux64-4.0.4_en-US.tar.xz*)
>
> If your goal is to setup a relay on OpenBSD, why are you downloading the
> linux version of the Tor browser bundle?
>
> I think you might want to start with the source tarball here instead:
> https://www.torproject.org/dist/tor-0.2.5.11.tar.gz
>
> Also, consider updating LibreSSL to the latest 2.1.6 version before
> compiling Tor.

Hello,

There were no specific download instructions for BSD on the Tor download
page that I noticed.  The header is for Linux and BSD there.  I would gladly
write them up if I can get this to work.

Unpacking the tor-0.2.5.11.tar.gz gets me:  "tar:  Cpio file name length
xxxxxx is out of range" and then "tar: End of archive volume 1 reached"

No luck updating LibreSSL yet, either.

Cheers,

Dave