Re: [tor-talk] Does sending webmail using Tor increase the liklihood of it being regarded as spam?

On 3/7/2016 14:10, blobby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am wondering if using an exit node IP increases the possibility that
> sending email from a webmail provider is more likely to end up in the
> recipient's spam folder. For example, sending email from
> hello@xxxxxxxxxxx to goodbye@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I think not because, from the email headers I have seen, the exit node
> IP is never included in the message headers at the destination.
>
> The IP of the sender is that of the webmail provider not the exit node.
> So it should not matter because, even if the exit node IP is "bad", it
> is never seen by the recipient.
>
> Thoughts?

Unlikely, as you said, IP based reputation heuristics is usually applied
to the sending server's IP(s), not the submission source IP.

Using the IP of the submitter will result in a large percentage of false
positives as most residential IPs are in BLs for dynamic IPs.

--
Sadiq Saif (AS393949)
https://asininetech.com