[tor-talk] How dangerous are malicious entry guards?

I’ve got a technical question: How dangerous are malicious entry guards?

I’ve seen very little info on this subject. Some state that there’s no
immediate danger, while others state that you’ll “die on arrival”, especially
if you’re operating a high risk onion service that falls into the Snowden/NSA
territory, or an anti-government service in China/North Korea.

I’ve read undocumented claims about information/security agencies now using AI
on super computers to aid with traffic analysis/correlation/confirmation
attacks at entry node level, which is plausible considering the budgets at
which certain agencies operate. I suspect a lot of entry guards, and nodes in
general, are actually under their control.

Does anyone have any technical opinions, explanations or resources regarding
this subject?