Re: [tor-talk] Invitation to try experimental Snowflake Tor Browser packages

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 09:24:19AM +0100, john doe wrote:
> On 2/28/2020 3:32 AM, David Fifield wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 08:06:35PM +0100, john doe wrote:
> >> I get stuck at 50% while trying to connect.
> >> Is there specific ports that are required to be opened?
> >
> > 50% is the point where Tor needs to download the consensus, which can
> > take a few minutes the first time you run the browser. (Because it's
> > several megabytes and Tor doesn't have a cached copy yet.) If you wait a
> > few minutes it should make progress past 50%. It's possible that your
> > Snowflake proxy stopped working in the middle of the bootstrap process.
> > If you restart the browser it should work the second time.
> >
> > If you keep getting stuck at 50%, click "Copy the Tor log" and let us
> > know what it says.
> >
> > You don't need to open any ports. Thanks for testing.
> >

> According to my firewall logs, snowflake does require outbound UDP
> connections.
> How can I restrickt snowflake to use tcp 80/443 for outbound connections?

You're right, it does require UDP connections. There's no way to
configure it to use specific ports, because the peer-to-peer WebRTC
connection with a Snowflake proxy doesn't work like that. I don't think
that Snowflake will work if you have a deny-by-default local firewall.