[tor-talk] Using Orbot standalone

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this question (see below) was asked (and answered) previously. I could not find any information on it.

I would like to incorporate a proxy server in my Androd app to perform gate keeping and toll taking functions.

Orbot is described as

"... and also provides an HTTP Proxy for connecting web browsers and other HTTP client applications into the Tor SOCKS interface. ..."

Could (a modified) Orbot be used as a device-based proxy server without interfacing with the Tor network?

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions about this,

Alex Donnini