Re: Memory use

On Saturday 28 May 2005 23:08, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

> For what it's worth, 0.9.9 has the same memory behavior.

Yes, 0.9.9 has problems.  Two hours ago, tor went nuts.  When I logged onto
the machine, I found 65 tor processing running.  They were each listed as
having a resident size of approx 7-8mb each, totaling 440mb of memory being
used.  The entire system was in deep swap mode, which may have limited
further spawning of tor processes.

The oldest process was from May 24th, so it has been a few days since tor last
acted up and I had to restart it.  I am also thinking of going to automated
restarts, although I find that solution very saddening (it reminds me of
running a Windows server).

Val