Re: Recommendation for ISP in Germany?

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 12:17:46PM +0200, Lutz Horn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to set up a Tor node on a server in Germany and I'm looking for
> people with experience in doing this. Can anybody recommend a german ISP

For a total list of servers, have a look at German section on
http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/exit.pl

> who provides servers for running a Tor node? The Wiki page[0] does not

I used to run a node at Hetzner, which tended to cut me off
when DDoSed (happened every few months). I haven't had
any issues with http://serifos.eecs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/whois.pl?q=85.31.186.61
though YMMV. I see other people run nodes at server4free etc., it
would be interesting to hear their experiences.

> contain that many information about ISPs. I'm especially interested in
> people's experience with virtual vs. dedicated servers.

I haven't run a Tor server in a vserver yet. I guess I should, to see
the load.