Re: TOR on Academic networks (problem)

Roger has addressed the general flavor of this before. The direction
that we've taken here at berkeley is to push for the network to be
changed (which really needs to happen in the long term).
Specifically, we're arguing to various administrative and technical
committees that the whole damn network shouldn't be trusted by
services that we subscribe to... and instead, the proxy service that
berkeleyites use to connect to library services off campus should be
used on campus too (so that a much smaller segment of our network is
"trusted").

I would be interested in hearing others' responses to your two
technical options below... which we didn't even consider. -Joe