Re: Disclaimer Update

Thus spake Mike Perry (mikepery@xxxxxxxxxx):

> It would seem that they could not in good faith make the claim that
> their search would yield evidence sought against a Tor node, even
> (or especially) after the fact.

So it occurred to me that the government could just begin claiming
that they believe that the Tor operator themselves is simply using Tor
to conceal the fact that they are really an international kingpin in a
terrorist kiddie porn ring directly connected to Osama and Saddam (who
as we know, are great friends).

I think this argument can be dismissed by the fact that Tor relays all
traffic. So inbound traffic should roughly equal outbound traffic, the
only exception being the amount of traffic devoted to directory server
mirror lookups.

On my node, the directory server traffic seems to be relatively minor,
and outbound and inbound traffic on port 443 (the tor server port) are
in fact pretty close to equal (though inbound does exceed outbound
slightly, probably due to drops from the fact that I am on an ADSL
line?). Is this the case for everyone who is not an authoritative
directory server?

Note I am still running 0.1.0.17 on my node..

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist