Firefox HTTP/S header filtering extension (Was: Re: Threats to anonymity set...)

--- Mike Perry <mikepery@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only way to do this is via extensions to the
> browser. That way you do not interfere with CRL/OCSP

> for true cert verification (which sadly seems very
> broken in Firefox currently) and it makes it easy to
> switch components on/off if something doesn't work
> because one of your filters isn't quite right.
> And you get SSL for free, because your extensions
> see the web data AFTER the browser has performed
> (optional)rigorous checks to make sure the cert has
> not been revoked or otherwise compromised/spoofed.
>
> --
> Mike Perry
> Mad Computer Scientist
> fscked.org evil labs

That is a good point and as such I have posted a
request for a Firefox extension that can filter HTTP/S
headers:
<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=419360>

I am not holding my breath, but it would be nice if
someone took up the project of making a Firefox
extension.

Any suggestions?