Re: Easy Firefox hacks to improve anonymity (HTTPS Header Scrubbing)

--- Michael Holstein <michael.holstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Why not just install the "User Agent Switcher"
> plugin for firefox?
>

> Does the same thing on the fly.
>
> ~Mike.

Please see number (8) in the "Directions" section.
This is where I describe how to install and configure
UAS.

UAS only handles User-Agent headers but the
"about:config" edits I describe also scrub
Referer(Referrer), Compression and Keep-Alive.

I like using the Privoxy configuration and the FF
hacks I describe as they are redundant in regards to
HTTP filtering; incase one misses something the other
may scrub it.

I think this method needs further testing as I
'developed' this method on 05-21-06.  As far as I've
found it works as stated: HTTP and HTTPS headers are
filtered using the same anonymity set.

---

Other possibilites to increase anonymity and anonymity
set:

*Please let me know your opinion*

1. -Accept-Languages-
I am going to update my thread with this to match the
lang in "User-Agent".  I will use English
non-localized.

"intl.accept_languages" = {en}

2. -Accept-Default-
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.accept.default>

It seems wise to use a 'stantard' and 'universal'
setting to increase the anonymity set.  Here I am
trying to use an all-purpose setting that eveyone can
use regardless of local(and possible language) which
accounts for all possbile scenarios.

Note: The following line should not be wrapped:

-
text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,
text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,image/jpeg,
image/gif;q=0.2,*/*;q=0.1
-

3. -Accept-Charsets-
Again, it seems wise to use a 'stantard' and
'universal' setting to increase the anonymity set.
Here I am trying to use an all-purpose setting that
eveyone can use regardless of local(and possible
language) which accounts for all possbile scenarios.

"intl.accept_charsets" = {ISO-8859-1,*}

{ISO-8859-1,*} means universal Charset (non-regional,
non-localized) and all others.