Vidalia Info messageconnection_dir_request_failed()

I am trying to enable Tor.  However, the Vidalia message logs is indicated a whole bunch of connection_dir_request_failed().  I have tried tinkering with the torrc file to set ReachableDirAddresses (to 80 and 443), set my local firewall to allow for Tor, Vidalia, and Privoxy and then shut down the firewall.  I can actually ping some of the servers it is trying with success. All the pieces seem in place.  Is Tor still trying ports other than 80 and 443 which is what WireShark seems to indicate.