[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Tor Server Behind Reactive Firewall
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Tor Server Behind Reactive Firewall
- From: "Alexander W. Janssen" <alexander.janssen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 02:00:29 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:00:52 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=R5OFX+CoCIK29G99MZiT0O6VBueVgQQH9zM8de5vDK+VR+oVpk0H4h2O94bmIcYWmA/R1btnaxv+jnvM7YTPvw7o/aQzb1Q7E/EPFOqL4yIPRrvzqlCXRBIrG6mNPuc09JTCdSzZnWuXWMkTC12Uo4XoD3Lvl/dEw2bkyUjW2cA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=D5pbLvKOqIbCwTqox+V/HWT4VhPhgeU3HGuOV2F8sVbWwQn2Xa2frW1XgTZK25Bs/FzuV2fDP9CmAqEHd8mD4yAc9EHZNo54LjcyoNHlohwXQJwt8E0SCQa21R/Qg+QNFK675UpuQ21vFx1Qrl7ndayHd2Hi5QrpWKh9Fikr2FI=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/19/07, Rouslan Nabioullin <nabioullinr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will a reactive firewall affect a middle-node Tor server? I am planning to
use a Smoothwall Linux firewall with the reactive mod
Well, what does "reactive" mean? I just had a short look at it and
those p2p.rules files seems to be covering what's mentioned at
Tor isn't explictly mentioned there. But who knows what kind of rules
were included in the meantime, so you should check that beforehand.
I am concerned since when I ran a Tor server with Smoothwall, there were
hundreds of entries logged in IDS (intrusion detection system).
What kind of messages? Would be nice if you could share them so that a
Tor-specific rulefile could be created (if someone not already did
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it
should be stopped."
-- Simon Cameron, U.S. Senator, on the Smithsonian Institute, 1901.