[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Tor server for port 443
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Tor server for port 443
- From: "Grant Heller" <torstatistics@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 04:31:42 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 19 May 2008 04:31:48 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=D/IVZ+qOXbW/x4B67nt5waYv/vzrIV1pM/jvBSODhvo=; b=pa+t/Fc0LLhhak4AsMtIp28AkXdVMxnq3CMHoPMV0GI15KfQk0yTFVoi8rMj6opQlW1mRhCcSViqoReQUqz/95S1aNNzualzUILTmwzkNkTX4gnZEdAxMBwcqKoB4SN9sQ1Layaa6MFZSUFTrdNeJ9VcrZKDbzzj2H+w7xcIAtg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=GYAiMudrwgzZVwE0wqEisZ0PwFg2xQHIQBc55LKRw531ZpUDGfkUd7/cg8mcyQkzBN0cfEafVSNlj8kw/43HkdZXxcVZc1go6gzxko3h5YQp/dRZmctbzc2/znDHxijaW1bvJuMVRHF7FnAbn+0lhLEVw2gomf/9XKrUqHTTdeQ=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can I get some feedback regarding the deployment of an exit node restricted to port 443?
My rationale is fairly simple, I believe in free speech and want to help make it available to everyone, especially those whose governments criminalize certain kinds of speech. I am also aware of some of the weakness' of Tor such as the lack of end to end encryption when using nonsecure protocols. My desire is to provide a communications mechanism that enforces end to end encryption.
Do any interested members of this list feel that such a restrictive exit node is worth the bother and helpful to the project?